We never leave our houses without pants or shorts on, right? With that in mind, before you walk outside to begin your garage sale, you need to be prepared. Here is a list of necessary items that will make life easier as a seller.
- Always have change! Whichever denomination you want is up to you but you need to have a lot of it. Unless you are planning on selling everything for an even dollar amount, this is a must.
- Recycle those old grocery bags. Whether they are plastic or paper, use them to bag multiple items that someone may purchase.
- Keep your money safe with an apron or fanny pack. In addition to making sure no one runs off with your money, it will allow you to walk around your sale without having to go back to the money table.
- Have batteries available for testing items such as toys. Electrical sockets and extension cords are very useful as well.
- Place a garbage can near the entrance of your sale. This will help ensure people are not throwing trash into your yard.